- VA Community Care Network (VACCN)
Provides care to Veterans through community providers when VA cannot provide the care needed. Community care is based on specific eligibility requirements, availability of VA care, and the needs and circumstances of individual Veterans.
- Medicare Benefits Online
Allows seniors to apply for Medicare online. Provides information on applying for help with prescription costs; examining the benefits of Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D; and replacing a lost, stolen, or damaged Medicare card.
- State Health Insurance Assistance Programs (SHIP)
Administered by Medicare and run by the states, SHIP helps seniors cover their out-of-pocket Medicare costs. Allows users to search by state for information on Medicare Savings Programs and Part D Low Income Subsidies.
- AARP Tax-Aide Program
Identifies documents to bring to a session with a tax-aid volunteer, shares tax tips for older adults and their caregivers, and lists tax-aid volunteers by ZIP code or county.
MEDICAL INSURANCE, SENIOR SERVICES, AND CAREGIVING INFORMATION
- National Center on Caregivingwww.caregiving.org
- Children of Aging Parentswww.caps4caregivers.org
- National Family Caregivers Associationwww.nfcacares.org
- Elder Law Web Sitewww.ctelderlaw.org